Red Mist Achray

Loch Achray, Trossachs, Scotland.

Autumn at Loch Achray in the Trossachs is often accompanied by mist especially early in the morning with the first frosts of October beginning to chill the water. I waited until the underbelly of the heavy cloud base glowed red and then took this shot.

Fuji XT-1, 18-55 zoom, 0.3ND Hard Grad, f/14 at 1 Second. ISO 200

1 Like

Beautiful light and color, Ian. I like the symmetry in the scene and the foreground grasses add just the right amount of variation in the foreground. Beautifully rendered!

I love how the reeds rise from the clouds.

This is spectacular, Ian. Looks spot-on to me.

No critiques from me. Looks like a very peaceful morning. The reeds dispersed among the reflected clouds are awesome.
:vulcan_salute:

Wonderful mood here, strongly enhanced by the mist. The reeds in the cloud reflections elevate this shot beyond “just another sunrise” shot. I like how you kept the color saturation fairly restrained too, it creates a softer mood in the image.

I see a second image lurking here, a panoramic crop of just the reeds and the cloud reflection.

Ian, I really like the calm, misty morning conditions along the distant shoreline, as well as the gently warmth of the atmosphere. Makes for a serene mood. Nice that you were able to get some fine gentle clouds into the mix, which compliments the foreground reflections. What I especially like is how the foreground is enhanced by such a nice distribution of grasses showing through in the shallows. Very nice work.

This could not get any better!

Wonderfully peaceful, and nicely detailed throughout. No nits here, Ian.

Excellent!
-p

Ian, this is really lovely. The colors and the comp are excellent.

It looks to me like there are a few areas in the upper right corner that are very neutral gray. I’m not sure what it is, but it just looks unnatural to me. I wouldn’t expect any neutrality in a scene as colorful as this.

Beautiful Ian. No suggestions here.

Well done, Ian. A beautiful moment that you caught perfectly. Everything works so well together.

This is stunning Ian. I love the color, the reflection, and of course the foreground reeds.

Simply gorgeous Ian. I’m hard pressed to find anything to be critical of or even suggest. Such peace and tranquility here.

Lon

Ian,
This image has so much interest for me in the sky and water. I would want to move the horizon up, but would be at a loss, except that grass like this with the sky glowing through is so special.
Great touch of cloud in front of the hill.
Love the colors.
Seems like the shadows above the water line are a bit dark though.
Love it,
Chris

Super late to the party, Ian. Congrats on the EP! It looks spot on to me!

This is beautiful. Wonderful light and color with fantastic reflections.