Red-winged Blackbird on Territory

What technical feedback would you like if any? Do the blacks look OK to the eye?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Comp?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 600mm f4 (1/400sec at f6.3, Iso 500) Levels, Topaz DeNoise + Topaz Detail, Rubber Stamp tool for removal of some OOF stems in Lower part of frame, crop for comp.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Jim, this is such a classic pose done really really well. He is such a handsome fellow and you have captures him well. The black looks really good here. And you’ve got a nice BG sort of echoing the reed that the bird is on. I would be inclined to remove the blue OOF corner on the lower right though. What do you think?

Very well done, I can find nothing to suggest for improvement. Bgnd is simple and clean. Bird is sharp and the pose is classic RWB.

Jim

Thank you. These birds look like they are going to explode when singing. Adhika, I left the blue area during my editing as I liked the delicate color in the area. But I can see your point and it is something to do on a rainy day…Jim