Red-winged Blackbird

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

My first RWBB of the year. I love their song/call; makes me think spring is right around the corner.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4 TC at 700 mm; 1/1000 at f10; ISO 6400

1 Like

Lovely!! Wonderful detail, great tonalities in the blacks, interesting and appropriate perch, very nice BG! I love the visual balance.

1 Like

Excellent. First RWBB with a lot of year left. You going to have to work hard to top this one.

1 Like

Perfect habitat for this bird, Allen. Th perch is really nice and although the background is not ideal because of the light and dark areas pulling the eye a smidgen, it still works well. Love the color patch on the wind and the bird calling as well as all of the brown around the head and neck area. Looks like you could run maybe a little bit of noise reduction on the bird itself…just enough to remove the grit a little bit. The rest of the image looks like it had noise reduction already applied and looks great.

1 Like

I really love the composition in this image, Allen. Excellent detail and you did the epaulet full justice.

1 Like

Great calling pose Allen. Love the bird on top of the reeds with a blurred complimentary BG. I think you could back off sharpening a tad - I see the noise/crunchiness David refers to. Nicely captured.

1 Like

Wonderful composition, Allen. I like the pose and that the bird is calling out too. Awesome.

1 Like