Ribbons of levitation

While out just enjoying the fallness of the season, I walked though a narrow strip of land dividing a bog. Ripples from a strong wind made some great patterns on the surface of a pond. Getting a good arrangement of plants was a little tough, but these will do. The light is harsh because of bluebird skies, but I like it for its stark qualities.

Specific Feedback Requested

Is the light too strong? I vacillated about it.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Handheld

Lr processed for … very little actually. Just emphasized the great tonal range and some sharpening. Used TK8 panel to bring up the color of the plants. Also removed some of the plants that didn’t work with the overall composition.

@the.wire.smith
2 Likes

Ooh, nice! It’s stark, but not harsh IMO. The criss-crossing angles of the ripples vs. the line of plants makes for a lovely composition.

Yes, it will do! I was struck in the initial view by the uniformity of the ripples/waves across the frame, and it held up in the larger view. Harsh light is n/a here! Nice detail from the vegetation, too.

Thanks @Bonnie_Lampley & @Diane_Miller - cloudless days are so challenging, but I can’t help but swing at stuff sometimes. I thought this had enough interest to overcome that light and so it seems.

I think the stronger light is what gives it the high quality appeal. I also really like the angle of the plants and the positioning of the grasses. The ripples are icing on the cake, mainly due to that stronger light providing a bit more shadow detail…