Ring around the ...tree

I discovered these colorful fungi on a hike last month in a local preserve. Are they golden waxcaps? Surprised to see them since it’s been so dry here in CT, but they seemed to be thriving anyway. I had neglected to bring a regular camera so my Galaxy S10e had to suffice. ISO 200, f/2.4, 1/39s; no processing. All comments are welcome and thanks for viewing.

2 Likes

Those are honey mushrooms I think. People eat them. I’ve eaten them before although the last time gave me an upset stomach. It could have been that I didn’t fry them thoroughly enough.

Jim, that’s a fine looking ring of 'shrooms. The full image has a nice warm look punctuated well by the scattered bits of green.

Thank you @Igor_Hoveijn, that name sounds appropriate but I’ll continue to buy mine at the store :grinning:.

Jim: A really nice find and glad you had your phone to make the capture. A tiny bit more room on the left would suit me but this works very well as is. Top notch.>=))>

A beautiful array of mushrooms, Jim. they certainly look healthy. I don’t try to do mushroom ID. I just sent a picture to a friend that might know-no luck with Google image search.

I really like the way these circle the trunk with the extra little bunch above them.