Robin Take-Off

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5DS-R, Photo taken 2/20/20 at F 13, 1/250 and ISO 6400. The high ISO caused high noise levels at the time the picture was taken. Because of the uniqueness of the shot I used Topaz noise and sharpness . Trying to stay away from high ISO for these shots since this photo was taken.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Sharpening may have been over done a bit and not so sure about the bg and it certainly adds to the drama of the moment. A very dynamic photo of the incoming Robin. Perhaps a bit more room for landing. Sharp details for a rather low ss for this type of shot. I like the highlighting of the Robin. I think you did a good job with the high ISO’s.

Thanks David, This is one of my earlier shots when Robins were plentiful.

A nice job of catching a decisive moment – I love the pose! It looks like he’s planning his landing spot rather carefully. Good job of handling noise – you had a difficult situation for settings. Did you look at reducing the opacity of the DeNoise layer just a bit? If it’s a crop, is there a little more room on the left and below?

Hi Diane, thanks for your comment. Yes I did try to lower the opacity in the DeNoise layer but did not see any significant reducion. I will try it on my next project.

Wonderful capture under difficult lighting. Even with its problems, I do enjoy this much.

I think this turned out wonderfully John Wayne, especially when considering the high iso and low shutter speed. I really like the dramatic background and landing pose. I would have gone for a higher shutter speed and lower depth of field but this worked out great. Nice job on the processing.

Thanks Nate, appreciate your review. I have been looking for in- flight birds this summer. May get one or two so far.