Rowena Crest Loop

It’s been kinda quiet here on Non-Nature, so here’s a submission for your consideration. I managed to get back to Rowena Crest yesterday for some more wildflower shots and the weather again cooperated with little to no wind. I remembered to bring my drone with me this time and snagged this shot of the road leading up to the crest. This was taken in early morning with the sun coming in from the upper left. I wanted to get more of the roadway in, but the drone was already at it’s maximum allowed height (400 feet) so I settled with this view, Kinda fun.

I also managed to pick up a hitchhiker while out there. When I got ready for bed last night I discovered a tick had burrowed into my chest, at the sternum. How a tick got under three layers of clothes I’ll never know. I managed to pull it out, but my chest feels like a prize fighter punched me. First time with a tick. Not fun.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

DJI Mavic 2 Pro with Hassleblad camera. 1/50 sec @ f/5, ISO 100. Minor processing in Capture One.

Very cool shot. I like the fresh green especially. Makes me wish I still had my Ducati!

And ticks are the worst. They get EVERYWHERE no matter what. I’m not that wimpy when it comes to bugs or spiders, but they skeeve me out. If I see one on me, every twinge, twitch, itch or pinch is another one and I’m so paranoid. Hope you’ll be ok from the bite. If you got it early enough it should be ok.

Thanks Kris. Yes, this tick creeped me out. I did not know much about ticks so all last night as you said, every twitch, itch, etc…I finally got up at 2:30am to research ticks, Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and the other ailments that ticks can cause. It did make me feel better and I believe I’m at minimal risk because I found it so soon.

Regarding the image, I would love to have captured a Ducati racing around that curve! :slightly_smiling_face:

This is one of those fun takes, David. Reminds me of a super large horseshoe magnet. Gosh, with the double lines they don’t want you passing while circumventing this curve?.. :crazy_face:
btw: thankfully no tick issues for me in the past. Every other biting critter known to wild kingdom has taken a chunk out of me here and there. Missed a face to face with a diamondback by inches years ago… :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Fun Capture David. Great lighting too. There’s nothing like the green of Spring. You gotta love those DJI Mavic Pro’s. @Kris_Smith, that would have been a very cool shot of you rounding the corner with your inside knee dragging and the rear tire smoking on your old Ducati. :grin:
I feel for you David with that tick bite. Every time I used to shoot along the Big Sur Coast, I would have to check myself for ticks. It never fails that I’d have 2 or 3 of them on me at the end of the day. How do they do that. Doesn’t matter how many layers you have. So now, I make sure to put on tick repellant when I’m going through thick brush.
@Paul_Breitkreuz, Lucky you!!! Not that every bug known to man has bitten you in the past but that the rattler didn’t bite you. Well done. :slight_smile:

2 Likes