Ruby-throated Hummingbird

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 60D, Canon 70-300 IS USM Zoom, Av Mode, -0.5 Ev, f/11, 1/1000sec., ISO 1000, Spot metering, hand held, Manual WB

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi Terry
This Hummingbird looks sharper the your first post. Nice work. I think you could crop a little of the left hand side of the frame, to move the Hummingbird of center.
Peter

1 Like

Hi Peter.

Thank you for your input and compliment.

Best,
Terry

Hi Terry, Nice pose you captured on the hummer - I especially like the wing position. Sharpness on the bird and colors look good. If this were mine, I would try adding more room on the left (the direction the bird is looking into) and crop more on the right (I don’t think the mostly empty space is adding to the image). The pole in the background is a bit distracting. This is an attractive flower the bird is feeding on - look forward to seeing more.

1 Like

Hey, Allen. Thanks for taking the time to drop by and critique my photo. I agree the pole is a bit distracting, even though I managed pretty good bokeh on the photo. Looks like I need to go into Photoshop and work on my skills to completely remove it! I will play around a bit with the crop and see what I can come up with. It’s fun to hear other people’s opinions of my photos! Thanks, again!

Best,
Terry