Ruddy Turnstone

Another bird on a a rock. Taken about a month ago.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 1600, 500 plus 1.4X, f8, 4000th, D500, handheld, 60% of full frame, partially cloudy

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Excellent detail, David and a great head turn/ I love the “perch”

You’ve got some sweet detail here, David. The ocean has a nice abstract feel to it, though I’m not crazy about the oof rock, but we can’t have everything and the bird more than makes up for it. Great capture.

That’s an interesting perch, David. I can rarely catch one staying still. Got me to thinking - I see them in Gulfport quite often, and one of the hangouts is around a jetty. I’m guessing mine are out there for the barnacles and other such local delicacies.

Hi David,
A very handsome shorebird and you captured him quite well. Nice details and color on the bird and I like the rocky perch. The repeating perch in the background doesn’t bother me too much.