RWBB Calling from Lily Pad

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

this is a Redwinged black bird calling from a lily pad. Very tough to get the feather detail on the sliding and a very busy Image because of all the stuff in the water.took a lot of work isolated it.

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

200 to 600 at 600 mm, ISO 2000, F9, 1250th of the second, Sony A1

1 Like

I love the low angle view of the lily pads, David, and the reflections in the water are gorgeous. The tilted lily pad in the right distance, makes a cool backdrop as well. The blackbird is nice and sharp and I like the open beak. Some of the blacks look like they might be blocked up. I don’t know if you tried bringing them up in your raw processor, but it might be possible, though doing it without destroying the sunlit blacks could be difficult. Overall, a very nice image.

Great colors in this David. The shiny golden greens and magentas are very complimentary. I like the low POV too.

Hi David, I love the environment of this shot. Nicely composed. Also so nice to get the RWBB standing on the lily pad like this while he sings. Agree with Dennis about the exposure but this still stands as a very fine image.

I love the angle and the strong focus just on the bird and the immediate surroundings. I agree that opening up the shadows on the darkest parts of the bird might give more detail on the left side.

Really like the low point of view here. The colors and the water add a lot to the image. Well done.