Saffron Toucanet

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Atlantic Rainforest, Brazil
These 13-14 inch, comical little birds are fun to watch hop around looking for food. In this case, there was a flat place for a small banana feeder behind the log, nicely out of sight.
I left the bits of moss hanging from it’s tail; I thought it was funny. It didn’t seem to notice it.

Specific Feedback

All comments and suggestions welcomed

Technical Details

Sony A1
200-600@437
Date Taken: 2024-08-18 16:18:22
Exposure Time: 1/640 sec
F Number: f/8
ISO Speed Ratings: ISO 4000
Exposure Program: Manual
Metering Mode: Center weighted average

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

I would have left the moss too-it adds a lot. Gorgeous toucanet and a great setup.

I opened this up and my immediate reaction was Wow, that’s cool! I love the bits of moss on the tail and the food toss in the mouth. Great colors and details in the feathers and the BG is nice and smooth too.

All said above – perfect! The moss is the cherry on the cupcake!

Brilliant image with great colours and background. Very nice pose as well, with the food.
And of course you left the moss hanging from the tail.

Great detail and love the colors in the bird. Nice looking perch and the moss adds some interest.

Hi Sandy, what a striking bird so well captured. Colors are great as well as the detail. The perch is awesome too. Nice pose with the food flip.