Saguaro and Palo Verde + RP

And after some work:

My favorite cactus shot was from the parking lot at the Lake Pleasant boat ramp. As soon as I saw this one, with the scraggy tree hugging it, I had to shoot it.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, 100-500 at 135, ISO 400, f/7.1, 1/2000 sec, handheld. Minor tonal adjustments in LR then into PS to remove a very small cactus intruding on the horizon on the left and smooth out the faint remains of a contrail. Shot in landscape orientation and cropped in from both sides.

So now I’m going to have to do something different with mine, lol. Nice catch and I like how you got rid of the contrails. So close to the Phoenix airport and the sky is dirty with the things.

@Kris_Smith, no competition here – put up yours!!

I just clicked on the larger image and it looks oversharpened but I didn’t sharpen it. I guess the JPEG conversion did. Need to review the settings (exported from LR) and turn off any sharpening.

Diane: Looks like the cactus and tree are arguing about who gets this parcel of real estate. My only tiny suggestion for improvement would be to make the small bush/tree that’s poking up into the sky down the hill a bit go away. It pulls my eye just enough to distract. Nice find and nicely captured. >=))>

I think the composition is great. My style would be to add some “pop”…it seems a bit too flat for my taste.

Thanks @Kris_Smith, @Bill_Fach and @Tony_Siciliano. The sky color was bothering me, and I managed to subdue it and add some pop to the cactus and tree, so now they stand out better. I was trying to work on the color of the cactus, which is a rather subdued green, but it wants to be a bit on the yellowish side so I’m letting it have its way. Even Selective Color wasn’t getting it right. Repost above.

Second version for me! The sky looks more natural.

Second version here as well. A very different direction done quickly: