Saguaro Necklace

Another thorn-scape from the desert surrounding my home. Sort of echos an earlier image but I tried to incorporate more spines with some additional patterns from the cactus this time. The print reminds me of a close-up of a necklace with lots of beads or jewels, hence the title.

Specific Feedback Requested

Again, a bit concerned this may look a bit static with the obvious symmetry, but having trouble finding off-centered compositions that work.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

3 Likes

How can a plant be so sharp and threatening, and at the same time be so undulating and inviting? Well seen and conveyed.

Looks great, Tony. The centered comp totally works for me. Great series that has been most enjoyable.

Tony: My favorite of the series by far. The symmetry works for me and I especially like the gentle curve that frames the center row of spines. Top notch shot. >=))>

To me the symmetrical composition fits perfectly on the scene. Even that last spike on the center row continues the right movement of the whole row.
Great serie, and gorgeous image, bet it look awesome on some matte paper.

My favorite, also because of the symmetry and gentle curves. They take on the appearance of the separate, hanging limbs of a blue cedar atlas.

Stunning and well composed don’t change a thing!

It is going to be a great series. The symmetry works perfectly well for me. The essence for me is the dislocation which can also be seen in the black and white pattern of the zebra as well as in ripples in sand cause by wind or water. A diagonal presentation might also work. Not intended as a replacement for this image in which I wouldn’t change a thing.

Beautiful image! this is my favorite of the series. Love the curves and the symmetry. perfect B&W tones. spikes are sharp (to touch too!). Just perfect.

Perfect and incredible! The almost-perfect symmetry is so unusual and wonderful – perfect for B/W.

Perfect composition! B/W tone is wonderful. The previous one feels movement and this one calm. I like both.

My favorite of the series so far. The shortened center section that is embraced by the outer sections makes this a step above the previous shots. I have enjoyed this series.