Sanderling on sea grass

Just got back from a week at the beach. Mostly cloudy weather all week. There were a few shorebirds amongst the plentiful sea grass there.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C
First image: ISO 640, f9, 1/800s, hand held
Second image: ISO 640, f8, 1/1250s

1 Like

Strong cute factor here, Allen. Terrific images.

Very nice look at the birds and I like the setting you have them in. Are you contemplating getting the R7?

@Allen_Brooks
Hi Allen. Yes I preordered the R7 on Tuesday.

Very nice!! The second is such a lovely classic pose.

We expect a full report on the R7 – I’m betting you will love it!

Hi Allen
The Sanderlings look great, love the low-angle shot. I am following the group, with the second photograph as my favorite.
Peter

Great job getting nice and low for these, Allen. It really paid off. Both images are excellent.

I prefer the first image here because of the contrast. Excellent color, detail, and pose.

Two really terrific images Allen. You have beautiful soft light and a good pose in the first image. I also love the vegetation it’s walking on as it really adds and contrasts nicely with the bird. It’s sharp and the depth of field falloff is really nice.
The second image stellar. I love everything about it. The whites are really well controlled as are the blacks and again, the vegetation adds so much to this scene. The small patch of red at the birds feet is so nice as are the little pods in the LRC. He looks appropriately cold for this shot as well. So good Allen.