Sanderling Trio

I took these lying in the wet sand, something I don’t usually do, but I like the result and need to practice this technique more often.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 all at 562 mm; 1/3200 at f6.3; ISO 640, 500, 500

2 Likes

Excellent!! I love the second one because the bubbles are so unique.

1 Like

Nice series, Allen, my favoriet being the first one as I love them when running back and forth. That said, all three are keepers. Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Nice series. My favorite is image #1. The pose and running are great. Nicely captured.

1 Like

Great series! Low always works with these types of birds. Uncomfortable, but worth it. One and three are the most engaging. The last might need a cw tilt and a bit of exposure. Not much. Love the immediacy of all three.

1 Like

Superb series, Allen. I love the first one with the running pose-you caught the extension right at maximum.

1 Like

Lovely series! I particularly enjoy the first one in its running pose. The depth of field is outstanding on this one.

1 Like

Allen, a really nice series. Image #1 is my favorite too.

1 Like

Beautiful series !
Love the first one :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

I like the look–wonderful shot…Jim

1 Like

Hi Allen
Glad you can wet up after lying in the wet sand. Those days a long gone for me. All three shots are nice, but the first one stand out, it looks like the Sanderling is walking on sir. very cool.
Peter

My neck is sore just thinking about laying low and getting this angle but it sure paid off. Nice set. My favorite is the first image of it running with a foot off the ground ad perfect head angle. Just a glimpse of it looking your way. Creamy dreamy background made all the more yummy because of your position on the ground. Well done.

1 Like