Say Ahh

I was trying to capture water on my large Hosta leaves after the rain, but when I reviewed this image it looked like a giant tongue sticking out! :smiley: It’s maybe not the prettiest composition, but it makes me smile now.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony Rx1 (35mm fixed lens) at f2, 1/320s, ISO 100.

I did a levels adjustment, darkened the shadows a little, and did a radial gradient on the in-focus part of the leaf to add some clarity and just a tiny bit of structure in Capture One to enhance it.

Yes, Karla, I see the big wet tongue…I think it’s coming to lick my face… My personal preference would be for a bit more depth-of-field on that tongue, but I recognize that more dof there might not work well with what’s off to the side.

@Mark_Seaver I can see what you mean on the dof, I think. Since it’s my plant, I probably should have thought to move some leaves a bit or removed them to isolate with a deeper dof, which might have helped. Thanks for your comments.

Very nice – an intriguing composition! I wonder about a bit more blur on the BG leaves.

@Diane_Miller Thanks for your comments. I meant to try this and do a re-post, but I haven’t had a chance yet.