Shadows of Aspen

I saw the light playing off the trunk of the tree and the shadows of the leaves and had to stop my hike to capture it. The subtle colors of autumn and a stormy day are apparent throughout though subtle.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
A focus stack of 10 images was used as the focal length was on the longer side.

@compellingimaging
1 Like

Great find! The focus stack was a good idea. I do wish for more room on the left for those two leaves. It might work to crop them out and add a bit more on the right. A bit more on top and bottom could be good, too, if you have it, but a wonderfully unusual image in any case.

1 Like

I like this, and yes a little close on the left.

1 Like

This is a fabulous intimate image! Well seen and captured. The longer focal legnth works perfectly to blur the background. I am not bothered at all by the left edge.

1 Like

A beautifully simple scene, Kyle. I especially like the shadows of the leaves on the trunk. Well done.

1 Like

I agree. The shadows of the leaves are the most interesting aspect of this image. I also like the color design here with that purple blue to offset the yellows.

1 Like

A very interesting concept for an image. I love how the shadows of the leaves play such an important role in the image. Processing looks right on the money to me, and the colors are very appealing .My only nitpick is that I wish you had left a bit more breathing room to the left of the leaves on the left side of the image.

1 Like