Sheldon Reynolds Falls

This falls is usually a ribbon, but this is it after a noreaster a few years ago.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Mike, the second image is super gorgeous. I think my eyes go into the image better in the second composition than the first one. Perhaps it’s that rock on the left (1st image) that makes it a bit harder for me to go “into” the image. Your selection of shutter speed is great… maybe a touch darker on the highlights of the waterfall in the 2nd image, but other than that, everything seems quite perfect to me.

Mike,
Both versions are beautifully done and convey different moods to me. The first is about raw power and is more exciting while the second is more peaceful and relaxing with the lower flow. Your chosen SS works perfectly and I am enjoying that plume of water at the base of the falls in the first one. Is this Harrison Wrights or Sheldon Reynolds?

Thanks @Adhika_Lie and @Ed_Lowe. It looks like HW with all that flow but it’s SL.

The second image is really doing it for me. Great contrast between the rich greens and the water and the composition is quite nice. I might experiment with cloning out the bits of sky but hard to say if it would be an improvement. No other suggestions.

Mike, the first post shows the power of high water. The brown tones show that the rain is recent. The big splash at the base of the falls is quite dramatic and the textures in the outflow look great. The 2nd view is much more ethereal, with it’s glowing greens and redish rocks. Has me wondering how a bit more yellow sat. in foliage of the first post would work.