Should I be worried?

I was sitting in my blind last spring shooting birds at the feeders when, on two separate days, some turkeys wandered right by, unaware of my presence. I was able to stand up halfway and aim down just enough to get some portraits while they tried to figure out what the heck was going on. I posted one at the time, and this is one from the second opportunity.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, 100-500 + 1.4 at 700, ISO 2500, f/10, 1/500 sec. Tripod. Minimal tonal adjustments in LR; into PS for NR and to add a bit of canvas on top.

Excellent portrait, Diane. Really like the oof background too.

Gorgeous, Diane. Love the lighting and the detail! The point at the top of his beak makes him look like a unicorn turkey. . . .well, sort of. Truly great capture and very nicely done.

Ha! I recognised this as one of yours immediately! You have the knack for making the turkeys quite strikingly beautiful.

The shine on the neck feathers is wonderful and it looks a little like a ruffled Elizabethan collar. The pose is wonderful and detailed.

oh that face! Those girls are just as silly looking as the boys. Well maybe not quite. Lovely job with the portrait. The details are amazing. I never get this close. Oh wait, that’s because I haven’t used my blind. Oy vey. Project for next year.

Diane, your title immediately struck me. It was a statement Academy Award winner actor Mark Rylance said to Tom Hanks a couple times in “Bridge of Spies”.
The detail in this image is stunning. Being a wild free runner hopefully he really did not have much to worry about… :cowboy_hat_face:

Really outstanding color, detail, and composition. The color contrasts in this image are what make it work so well.

Diane, this is an excellent portrait of this Turkey. I’m especially enjoying the big “wart” on its beak.

Hi Diane
Well and other day and another lesson learn, on how to photograph a turkey. Very nice photograph.
Peter

Thanks everyone!! I’m hoping for more chances next year – I haven’t seen them in a while but they seem to hang around when it dries up in the summer. They dig up things on drip lines, maybe after insects? Well-secured tree cages are mandatory.