Siberian Iris

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: This picture was taken on a very windy day, 1/640 sec, f-8, iso 800. Taken with Canon 5DS-R and 180 macro lens. Lost some sharpness because of wind , Used gaussian blur to give image a more dreamy appearance then cloned shadows.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Beautiful floral design for hanging on the wall. I love the photo John.

Thanks Giuseppe, Glad you enjoyed this Iris. I forgot to mention earlier that a “light table” was used in this photo.
Wayne

Hi John
Very lovely picture of this Iris. No nits from me! Did you take the light table into the garden?

Ha, Kathy. Most of this days shoot was outside but I brought this one inside to the light table. I’m thinking that the high noise results from the high speed set.
Thanks,
Wayne

The high key works well to show the iris at its best. Nicely done.

Lovely, John. this has the look of an old floral illustration, even to the yellowish background. Very nicely done.

Thanks Dennis, Appreciate your comment. Yellowing on background is low setting on “light table”.
Wayne

Very well presented high key image. Your choice of composition and lighting work nicely. May have to dig my light box out of closet.