Silver Birch Stand Ireland

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is an early digital image that keeps coming back to me.
Working in the west coast of Ireland just a hike in the woods

Specific Feedback

Finding these tree compositions is always a challenge for me
Your thoughts

Technical Details

Lumix G9

Quite nice. I really like the tree that’s falling over on the left. Adds some nice visual interest to counter all the vertical lines. Scenes like this are always very complicated trying to have too many merging trees. With this many trees probably impossible to do but I think you’ve kept them to a minimum.

1 Like

Thanks @Michael_Lowe
Feeling foolish but I have never thought about the trees merging. I just keep looking until the forest speaks to me. Does not happen often enough.
Checked out your portfolio and see you know your woodlands well.
Super images and I love how you are presenting with the boarder and text.
Thanks again
Steve

Thanks Steve. Much appreciated. Funny you mentioned the white borders. I’ve had a couple people comment they didn’t like them. I go through stages. For awhile I like my images presented full frame just as they are. And sometimes I like them presented as they would appear on a wall framed and matted. Next week I might change again LOL
I checked your website out. You should be proud. Awesome stuff there. I especially like your Blackwater portfolio. Where is that? Florida?

1 Like

@Michael_Lowe
The Blackwater images are from different wetlands. Primarily Caddo Lake, TX and Okefenokee Swamp, GA.
The true Blackwater Swamps are perfect mirrors, almost cannot tell where reflection starts.