Skipper

All I know for sure is that this is some kind of skipper - possibly a Delaware Skipper. There are somewhere around 140 species of grass skippers in the U.S., so your guess is as good, or better, than mine.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D
Canon 70-300mm IS USM @ 200mm
f/13
1/750 sec.
ISO 1000
Hand Held
Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and cropping. Topaz De-noise applied.

1 Like

Wow! This is a stunning photo! The black background really makes the flower and the butterfly stand out! I love your angle on the flower too! Beautiful capture, Terry!

Nice detail in the skipper. Like the lighting and the dark background.

Thats a beautiful color combination in the frame and the dark bg sets this off …very well done

Balan Vinod

Terry, I have no idea for sure what kind of skipper this is, but agree it is a skipper. I like the light shining through the wing. He stands out nicely against the black background.

Very lovely! I wondered about reducing the brightness of the petals so did a gradient burn from the bottom.

1 Like

@Vanessa_Hill @Allen_Brooks @Balan_Vinod @Shirley_Freeman @Diane_Miller Thanks for looking and all your comments and suggestions.

1 Like

Hi Terry, nice sharpness on the butterfly and flower. The butterfly and flower top really pop against that dark background. I like Diane’s repost to tame the petals some.

Great combo of elements and color that come together very well. I too like @Diane_Miller 's repost. Very well done.