Sleepy Juvie Little Blue Heron + repost

I think this may be the same juvenile I found in a previous post from this location. It was enjoying a quiet nap, which I enjoyed photographing. I left right after this frame. Hopefully it went back to sleep.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Can’t think of anything. That doesn’t mean there isn’t something that calls for feedback.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

My primary concern was the branches that frame the LBH. I cropped out some left, right and below but left those you see as they were.

Any pertinent technical details:

Camera Info: Nikon D500, HH, braced in SUV window
Lens: VR 300mm f/4E + 1.4x TC
Focal Length: 420mm
Focus Mode: AF-C
AF-Area Mode: Dynamic, 25 points
VR: ON
Aperture: f/7.1
Shutter Speed: 1/1000s
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Exposure Comp.: 0EV
Metering: Spot
ISO Sensitivity: ISO 400
56% of full frame
PP in LR/PS CC 2018, Topaz Studio, Camera Raw filter, TK sharpen for web @ 40%

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice pose and good detail. The whites look good. I like the setting and background. Hard to say, maybe remove the branch to the left of the heron???

Sweet image, Phil. I’d vote for removing the smakk twig to the left of the heron and probably the bright yellow stem poking up beside it. I like the pose and perch a lot.

Twig & stem on the left gone

Sweet image, Phil.

I’m going to be contrary and say that I like the original image better than the repost. I think the part you removed added a little balance rather than having one side full of twigs and the other not. :slight_smile:

Hello, Phil - a hard one… I tend to say that the original image hasn’t any really disturbing branches. The repost however has a nice look though as well… I’d say both are worth keeping. Love the pose of the bird looking towards the camera! Cheers, Hans

The repost made it even better. I really like the image and you did a great job with the pose, color balance, in detail. A very nice look at this little blue Heron in its natural environment.

Phil: I like just about everything the image. The whites are protected and show good detail and the pose is good. I’d be tempted to remove the thin branch to the left of the bird, but that’s a personal choice. Richard

My feelings were exactly the same. Note that I did a repost, but I really like it either way.