Small in the frame

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I liked the setting this Junco was in. I like the pop of fall colors: a cheerful image on a heavily overcast morning.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 at 500 mm; 1/1000 at f7.1; ISO 3200


Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

Vision and Purpose:
Conceptual:
Emotional Impact and Mood:
Composition:
Balance and Visual Weight:
Depth and Dimension:
Color:
Lighting:
Processing:
Technical:

I love this photo. Focus looks great to me. Nice subject. To me what makes this great is the depth of field giving three layers of focus surrounding the greens and reds blurred in the background.

1 Like

Beautiful Junco, Allen and I like the small-in-the-frame presentation. This would make a cool holiday card.

1 Like

I’m with both @Carl_Johnson @ and @Dennis_Plank in their comments. I like everything about it. Very beautiful image.

1 Like

Beautiful! Love the berry perch, colors, bird pose, and the layering. Well seen and captured.

1 Like