Smoky Mountains

So here’s another image from my recent trip to the Smokies. This image proves that they don’t call ‘em Smoky for nothin’ ! :grinning:

I’m a little tired tonight so my description is a bit on the brief side!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All comments and critiques are welcome. From a technical standpoint I’m open to your thoughts on the processing. There really isn’t much cookin’ here (see below for specifics).

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments and critiques are welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

300 mm
f/5.6 @ 1/60 sec.
ISO 64

Single image RAW Capture

Really not much cookin’ here. Just a levels adjustment to adjust global contrast, a pinch of midtone contrast with TK’s luminosity masks and a hint of Orton glow using the TK action. Maybe I’m being lazy, but it doesn’t seem to need much else.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Brian,

This is gorgeous. I really like what you have pulled out here. The details in the fog, the variation of the greens in the scene… I really have no nits here. Very well done.

Wonderfully captured, Brian! That rolling fog really adds a great feel to the shot. Great contrast and tones as well. So many amazing details here and tack sharp! I agree, it doesn’t need anything else. Nicely done!

This is another wonderful scene you captured from the Smokies, Brian. The other was more bold and in your face while this one is more peaceful and subtle. The atmospherics with the fog work beautifully as do the varying shades of green with the trees. I only have one small suggestion; just my personal preference; would be to clone out the couple of dead trees along the bottom edge. They just seem to catch my eye a little. Either way I am enjoying what you came away with here. Nicely done.

Nice composition Brian. I think that well defined ridge line holds this image together.

A beautiful capture, Brian. I like the diagonals and the layered feel to this a lot.