Snow Bunting

In The Netherlands we only get Snow Buntings as wintering guests, and usually one gets to see them while fouraging on the ground (beach, sand). Last week I found some that perched on rocks close to harbour pier. For me a nice opportunity to add some shots to my portfolio. Some more can be seen here: https://www.hansoverduin.nl/bunting-on-the-rocks/
Thanks for viewing and any comments, Cheers, Hans

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D500 with 500m f4 | 1/1250s | f4.5 | ISO400 | overexposed 1/3EV | camera on monopod

1 Like

Wonderful photo of this snowbird, Hans. Love the thoughtful expression you’ve captured. The OOF background enhances the snowbird as it isn’t overbearing. The composition seem to reflect the mood very nicely. I don’t think we get snowbirds down here, so this is a nice treat for me. Nicely done.

1 Like

Beautiful shot of this Snow Bunting, Hans. The light makes the bird almost glow.

1 Like

Well composed with effective DOF. Nice diagonals, detail, and color.

1 Like

A lovely series of photos Hans. And you got them in a nice setting with lots of soft complimentary colors. Well done.

1 Like

Hi Hans
I agree with the above comments. Once again you have given us a quality photograph.
Peter

1 Like

Hi Hans,

Snow buntings are difficult to approach and you were able to nice and close f or this shot. Details and exposure are spot on. Well done…Jim

1 Like

Excellent view of this beautiful bird…IQ your usual top notch…

1 Like

Hello, @Jim_Zablotny, thanks for your reaction. As to how easy/difficult to approach: over here there’s the full spectrum; some individuals are extremely shy, whereas others more or less walk ‘into your lens’ - so far I haven’t been able to find a pattern ;-)… As you may guess, these birds (a group of three) where not that shy … always a surprise how they will behave …