Yellowhammer

Some days ago I was able to photograph one of our more colourful buntings: the Yellowhammer. Only to be seen in the eastern part of our country, it’s always great for me (living in the West) when I get the chance. This one was feeding from a farm field and - by the looks of it - had extracted whatever it was with root and all :wink:
More if you like on: https://www.hansoverduin.nl/its-hammertime/
Thanks for any comments , Cheers, Hans

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D500 with 500mm | 1/1250s | f4.5 | ISO560 | overexposed 1FS | handheld

1 Like

Beautiful, Hans. I’ve never seen a Yellowhammer, so this is a special treat for me. The pose is wonderful how the little fellow seems to be checking you out. The high key and slight blur enhance the Yellowhammer very nicely. Thanks for sharing the link to the rest of the story. The images there are equally wonderful. Nicely done.

1 Like

A lovely image, Hans. I’m a big fan of half-hidden birds and this is a beauty with perfect depth of field. The plant it’s working on makes an interesting addition to the image.

1 Like

That’s quite a mouthful! Sheesh he’s hungry.

Excellent image as always Hans…I really enjoy your bird photography.

1 Like

This is really good. Love those delicate grasses and the tones in the image. Detail is also spot-on. Loved the blog post too. Great stuff (as always)!

1 Like

Hi Hans, a unique image well done. Love the yellow head of the bird peaking over the grass with the interesting bit in its mouth. Well seen and crafted.

1 Like

Really wonderful image Hans. Perfect DOF, POV, and composition. Very artistic. One of your most enjoyable images.

1 Like

Nice soft touch, like the grasses head high and your background. Interestsing name . Thanks for the link and the story…rings true.

1 Like