Feeding time

Little Buntings are rare vagrants in our country, and yesterday I was abel to see and shoot one. As many buntings, they spend most of their time feeding like crazy. Sometimes the seeds, sand and what have you fly everywhere. Here you can see something flying mid-air…

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Nikon Z9 @ 500mm | 1/500s | f4 | ISO2000 | handheld while lying on the adjacent cycle way. Crop from the original image, and added a sliver of canvass top and right, to give the piece of sand(?) some more breathing room

3 Likes

Wonderful image, Hans. The comp is perfect. Well done.

Great image! Capturing that tuft of grass beside the bird is genius. I admire your commitment and flexibility to get down on the path.

I love the story here. I am imagine that little piece is a seed husk…flying across the room like a lightly squeezed lemon in a fine dining restaurant (okay that only happened to me once).

Well done!

Beautiful, Hans. I’m always amazed at your razor thin depth of field that manage to make the whole bird look sharp. I think the “whatever” does add to the image.

This is so sweet, Hans! Love the soft backdrop and how it makes the little bunting pop!

The thin DOF and bird placement is very well done…

Knew it was yours from the thumbnail with the low angle and blurred foreground and background. Nice pose and complementary colors surrounding the bird.

Hi Hans, great use of DOF creating a magical effect. Nice pose on the bird with the head parallel to us. Nicely composed with the negative space.

Thanks @David_Bostock , @Dennis_Plank , @linda_mellor , @Dan_Kearl , @Allen_Brooks and @Allen_Sparks for your encouraging comments.
@Robena.Sirett you may be right, hard to tell, could be some sandgrains as well… but I guess you’re right