Snow Day

We finally had some decent snow here and I took the opportunity to get out to one of my favorite sites at Watkins Lake State Park last week before it all melts away.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Captured with Canon EOS R and RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens with circular polarizer filter; 24mm, 1/400s, f/11, ISO 200 and processed using LR Classic.

talexanderphoto

This is a nice winter-time scene Terrance. I like your use of diagonal lines within the composition, they just funnel the viewers eye to the clouds in the background. I also like how the small mounds add some texture to the snow. The processing looks to be right on the money, with very crisp and clean whites in the snow. My only suggestion is that my eye keeps getting pulled to the branches in the ULC. This is subjective, but for me they are more of a minor distraction, rather than being a framing element. They just seem somewhat dis-embodied. Maybe a crop/clone from the left might help reduce the impact of this.

Ed - thanks for the comments. I thought about that tree also so I’ll play around with it. If you like the snow covered grass mounds, the next one I post will have a better view of those - I titled it ‘Mini Moguls’.