Snow Kissed

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

200mm, f/6.3, ISO 200, 1/250s

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@brentgoesoutsidephoto

5 Likes

Very nice, Brent. The light touch of snow scattered on the grasses and the mix of gold and blue/magenta all work together very well. (Roughly 1/10 down and 1/4 in from the ULC, there’s a darker spot on the background that could be real, but looks a bit like a dust spot.)

Pleasant interplay of colors and textures.

Oh, what lovely gentle colors and textures. I could see just a touch more of the blue background part at the top, but beautiful as is.

Very cool high key look at the grasses. The DOF works well, too. No suggestions here, it is working for me.

Brent: Impending winter or late spring? I love the feel of this. Well seen and captured. >=))>

Thanks everybody, glad you like it! There very well could be a dust spot, I am never on top of cleaning my sensor enough. I agree that a bit more of the background could be nice, but unfortunately I don’t have a frame that has more background than this.

If I didn’t know any better, I’d say I shot this because it looks like something I would shoot. Nice image! Great mixing of textures and colors. Must have been shot with that 70-300mm of yours!

Thanks! I think this was back when I was still using the 70-200 f/4. I adore that lens too, it’s sharper than the 70-300, but it’s also heavier and doesn’t have the range.

Wanted to chime in on the kudos here. This is a beautiful piece of work Brent. I also love the DOF and the way you shot through the snow to create more depth. The high key invokes a feeling of hope and light. Just checked out your website and saw that this was featured in your first gallery of favorites. I can see why!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words Dan, and I really appreciate you checking out my website!