Snowy Egret portrait

Seen on the beach at Sanibel Island, FL.

Canon 7D2, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 400, f7.1, 1/3200s, hand held

Any comments appreciated.

ig, allensparks.wildlife

2 Likes

It is a beautiful, elegant pose and image. Maybe, a little less space on top and slightly more below, but it is just a minor issue.

Lovely image Allen. A nice close side view, well exposed and tight focus. The grey bg also compliments the whites and blacks. I am not sure if you tried a pano crop to really emphasis the long pointed bill and curving neck. It might work and it might not. Well done as is.

This is lovely, Allen. You caught the head cocked on the neck at a beautiful angle and the detail is superb. An excellent portrait.

An excellent portrait, indeed, Allen. The white feathers show off so nicely. I too like the cocked head position. This deserves some wall space. :+1: :+1:

Very nice as presented. Exposure is well handled to retain both white and black texture and detail. The simplicity of the composition really emphasizes the detail in the head, bill, and nape.

Nice and tack sharp portrait. Excellent as presented, although I might consider taking a tiny bit of the top of the image, but other than that no nits ! Nice work ! Hans