Snowy Titmouse

This Tufted Titmouse didn’t allow a recent snowfall to slow him down.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60 D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM zoom, f/8, ISO 800, 1/6000, WB @ 8600K. Processed in Adobe Camera Raw and PSE 2020 for exposure and color correction.

Terry, Tufted Titmice are so much fun to watch because of their activity and curiosity. This shot shows that well with the bird tilted forward checking you out. Getting it mostly against the sky lets the bird stand out from the snowy surroundings.

1 Like

Thanks, Mark. He was a cooperative subject.

Such an ideal setting for this challenge, Terry. The diagonal limbs seem to be mimicking the position of the bird and the beautiful blue sky sets off the him very nicely. Your Titmouse is handling the snow better than my sparrow. Very nicely done.

1 Like

A nice possibility. You might consider cropping from the left to remove the V. Something is not optimal with processing. There is a lot of noise and what looks like attempted sharpening artifacts. Remove noise first then sharpen in a separate step. Don’t expect sharpening to work at more than a pixel-level. There are ways to do a wider-scale pseudo-sharpening with things like Texture, Clarity or High Pass.

Thanks, Diane. I believe a High Pass overlay is what I used to sharpen it originally.