Snowy Bush Tit

I was really surprised to see a bunch of Bush Tits flying around in the snow storm. They did come and visit the feeders although this is not close to them. Sorry about the out of focus snow and branch. Not much I can do about it. This is the correct orientation.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Iso-1400, 500 mm PF, F6 .3, 2000th, D 500, handheld, full frame

Nice one. Details are good and it’s obvious he’s fighting some inclement weather.

Hi David
The Bush Tits looks great (detail, color and eye contact). For me, the out of focus branch works as a shadow of the branch the Tits is perched on.
Peter

Superb detail and a bird that’s rarely so cooperative, David. With that line and the bird going up and to the right, I think this would work a little better with less room on the bottom and more on top if you can make that happen.

Full frame for these little guys is great. They are always on the move so you must have been very fast. A really nice pose and nice placement in frame. Interesting about the shadow branch and not a problem.

Excellent detail in this little guy that rarely seems to stand still. The snow on the branch and the falling snow adds a lot.

This is a great shot, but as you said the OOF branch spoils the fun a bit - I assume you didn’t have the time to reposition. I try and check the backgrounds always as one of the first things when composing, since more often than not it’s only a matter of change the viewpoint a tiny but. But then again, when things happen fast … As I said, it spoils the fun a bit, but that bit is so small that I am still attracted to the image ! Cheers, Hans