Bush Tit up close

A Bush Tit in a bush. This is up close and not what I usually do my images but as a portrait I think it works. This is a Boxwood Bush. The Bush Tits spent a good 10 minutes in and out of the leaves of this bush in my front yard. Most of the time they were hiding inside the bush. This was a flock of about 10 birds that hung out for a while. That is quite unusual as they are usually in and out of the area very quickly. It appears they were feeding on insects in the bush.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Iso-250, 400 mm no extender, F 4, 2500th, handheld, A7r4, 4.8 megapixels out of 61 or 7% of full frame. Yes this is a very large crop but at iso-250, it seems to stand up to it. No added sharpening or noise reduction.

Second image iso 1600 but otherwise the same. Also a large crop. No added sharpening or noise reduction.

1 Like

Both are nice looks at the bush tit, with good detail in both. I like the perch in the second shot.

The detail in both photos is excellent, David. Perfect example for me to strive for. You’ve capture wonderful expressions on both. Very nicely seen.

Good job getting clean shots and nice eye contact. They are fast feeders so not around long. Interesting how they have different eyes. I don’t know why that is. Quality looks very good. I second the comment on perch in second photo.

Superb detail in both images, David. I much prefer the second for the great perch and because the first feels too crowded and it looks as if you chopped off the virtual tail.