Bush Tit on Fall Honeysuckle & Alt. Crop

Taken this morning under partially cloudy skies, Bush Tit in the shade; I’ve been waiting for a bird to land on this dried out Honeysuckle to catch that fall yellow Alder background. I was lucky today.

Iso-1600, 200-500 at 500 mm, F9, 500th, -1 EV, fill flash at -1, D 500, tripod, DxO Photo Lab 2, Adobe camera raw 11, Topaz Adjust,
TK sharpening action at 10%

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Any pertinent technical details:

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Hi Dave
The Bush Tit has great detail and the eye contact is also great. I think you could crop this shot down to bring out the eyes.
Peter

Nice detailed look at a bird that is rarely stationary. I like the pose on the perch, the colors of the background, and the fall colors in the leaves. The balanced composition works for me.

David, I do not photograph many birds but I had to comment on this one. This little guy has a great angry expression and you captured it very well! Nicely done!

Great pose, David, and I do like the yellow background. I’m not sure how it would work, but I’d be tempted to crop to more of a vertical and pretty much remove the green on the left.

Alternative crop based on feedback from Dennis

Good focus point and focus. An interesting view angle. I always tend to think that subjects with eyes level with the lens make for better photos as demonstrated here.

Hi David, love the pose of the bush tit and the BG really works here. i also like the balances comp, but think I like it even better on the re-post. Think Dennis provided some great feedback.

I like it, David.

I was going to suggest what Dennis did, mostly because I didn’t like the black part of the perch on the left, the repost is awesome, love that eye which stands out so nicely.