Tufted Titmouse

These perky little birds (the word ‘titmouse’ translates to ‘little bird’) are difficult to photograph as they are constantly on the move. Even when they come to feeders, they will grab a sunflower seed and fly off with it to crack it open and eat it elsewhere.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM Zoom, f/11, 1/350 sec., ISO 1000, Ev -0.5 Step, Av Mode, Hand Held. Processed in Canon DPP and Photoshop

Terry: I like the light falling on the bird and its pose. Both the bird and the stick behind it form diagonals which are appealing. My only minor suggestion would be to tone down the very bright spot just below the bird’s eye just a bit if possible. Richard

1 Like

Thanks, Richard. I’ll play a bit with that “spotlight” and see what that does.

Best,
Terry

Good job catching up to the little bird. They are always nice to see. Photo is nice and sharp and well focused. I like the matching stick behind bird also and am glad you included that. I am not sure if you did or had the room but if mine I would have had a look at a crop with more room on left side and less of the little branch sticking out of right side. Well done.

1 Like

Hi, David. Thanks for your kind comments. That’s a good point you make about the crop. I do have plenty of room on the left side. I’ll take a look at a re-crop. Thanks, again.

Best,
Terry