Tufted Titmouse

Taken recently in my backyard set up. I found this species to be always on the go even at my set up so I was glad this one paused briefly to let me get some shots. Attracted by seeds.

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C, tripod
ISO 400, f10, 1/1000s

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Allen, this is a beautiful little guy. Love his little top notch hairstyle. The head turn is really a nice plus. I like the perch very much. Nice soft background, that makes the subject stand out nicely. The square format works well with the composition. Such wonderful details in the feathers. Great set up in your backyard. I am trying to figure out a new set up for my “through the window” shooting.

No nits from me. Everything seems to work here with excellent detail, nice head turn, nice background, well positioned in the frame.

Great pose and wonderful detail in the plumage and perch, Allen. For such a small bird, I think maybe a looser crop or framing would work just a bit better as when I open the large version it feels a little overpowering. I still like the image, and that issue can easily be overcome by choice of size and matting if you choose to print it.

Wonderful razor sharp capture that displays personality.

Excellent image here Allen. Wonderful color, detail, pose, head turn and background. The bird really pops well. The square crop fits the image.

Fantastic capture of this cute species. Nice lighting, good techs, interesting perch and a great background.

Not much to say here, Allen - wonderful shot - curious look on the bird and wonderful colours. Great work. Hans

Allen, You really caught the essence of this lovable bird. Love the sharp image of the bird and the lichens against the contrasting color of the background. Very nice bokeh …nothing to distract. I agree with Dennis, that the bird seems a bit cramped as cropped. Maybe allow a bit more real estate either side so the perch teases the eye to the bird

I should just copy & paste Shirley’s remarks. :wink: The only thing I would add is that I wonder if it could be brightened up just a tad? It could be my monitor except that was my first impression scrolling to it amongst the other thumbnails. Beautiful image!