Soft Caress

This image was also from my last Abstract ICM outing at a local park with lots of Eucs. I really find that the colorful variations in the bark of some types Eucalyptus trees offer and endless pallet for ICM images. Just a slight wiggle as I was panning north to south with the camera made these small waves. I really like the soft colors in this image. Thanks for taking a look and offering up any suggestions.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything please. :slight_smile:

Technical Details

Z9, 100-400 @ 155mm, ISO 80, 1/4 second, f/20, manual mode

7 Likes

Such gentle soft pastel colors, David. The diagonal lines give off and nice sense of movement also. I am curious if you tried rotating it counter clockwise, allowing the light blue to be on the top? Would certainly give this lovely image a different feel. Love not only the unique bark of the Eucalyptus trees but also the fabulous aroma.

1 Like

David, i really love this one.
It’s very appealing, with the soft color palette, and, especially, a very pleasing composition.

1 Like

Very nice David. The tree bark does make for a great ICM. I like the jiggle, gives it a different feel than the usual straight line ICM.

1 Like

Beautiful image, David! If you flipped it like @linda_mellor said it would look like water flowing over rocks!

2 Likes

The soft colors are awesome, David. And nice technique to get that touch of wave action. Well done.

1 Like

David, awesome pastel colors and airy feel to this ICM abstract. Nice work! The wiggle technique works well. I had a chance to use it recently.

I think this would also work in a landscape orientation too. That’s the beauty of ICM and the abstract qualities of it. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

@linda_mellor, @joaoquintela, @Cameron_Wilcox, @Vanessa_Hill, @David_Bostock, @Alfredo_Mora. Than you all very much for your comments and suggestions. I think I will try to turn this one and make it landscape to see how it looks an feels. Great idea. I too love the aroma of Eucalyptus trees.
I think the little jiggle helped this one quite a bit. I have several that are just straight and it doesn’t work well.
Thanks again for your thoughts on this. It is much appreciated.

2 Likes

Really lovely, David. For me, ICM is all about the palette. This palette is fantastic. I can see rotating it, but it might make it resemble something it is not. As is, it feels gauzy and wispy. It works for me. I hope you’ll share a rotated one if you go that route.
ML

1 Like

David,

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! I don’t think a hand painting artist could have created anything better. This is just wonderful! Love the eucalyptus colors… and the short paint strokes, flow, everything… This is another great example of what attracts me to the ICM technicque. You can’t even begin to imagine the possibilities - oh wait, yes, here is one of those possibilities.

No nits or suggestions.

Lon

1 Like

Wonderful image. I like this one very much.

1 Like

Sorry for the very late response to your input @Marylynne_Diggs, @Lon_Overacker, and @Igor_Doncov.
Marylynne, I will do a rework on this and rotate it. If it turns out decent I’ll post it and let you know. Thanks for the tip.
Lon, You never know what you’re going to get when you do ICM. That’s for sure part of the fun of it. It’s like Forest Gump says, “It’s like a box of chocolates, You never know what you’re going to get.”
Igor, I appreciate the sentiment.