"some sort of wood #2"

Specific Feedback Requested

C/C Welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D810
Nikon 70-200

2 Likes

HI João, another great abstract type of image. It’s always hard to get a sense of order out of a bunch of tree trunks, and you’ve done it quite well here. I thought I would like it flipped 180 but I prefer it as you presented it. With so much white framing the trees, I think it would look good in B&W too.

Nice work!

JoĂŁo, this is great artistic work to my eye, a wonderful piece of subjective landscape photography. The reflected trunks make for a firm structure, while the surface of the water acts like a delicate veil. Finally the hint of colors just makes all the difference for me.

Peter

I love this from the moment I saw this in the small thumbnail size on the phone. Blowing this up on the computer makes me love it even more. Super super beautiful, JoĂŁo. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Lovely. The texture imparted by the “scum” on the water is perfect - a veil as Peter said. The subdued color and strong verticals give this a “sophisticated” feel - I can see it printed large and hanging on a wall in a posh townhouse with white carpets and white furniture (at least that’s my clichéd idea of a sophisticated room).

Beautiful image. I might rotate a little to make the tree trunks more vertical.

Really terrific. The interplay of the light V patterns in the center with the darker inverted V gives this a subtle strength, I think. I savor the yellow hues which also form a bit of a triangle. Well seen and beautifully conveyed.