"Some sort of wood #3"

I don’t usually work in “themes” or “projects” but this time I believe it make some sense to post three (very) different photos.
This last photograph also was the base of my last blog post

if you like to check ( Portuguese, only I’m afraid)

https://joaoquintela.wixsite.com/fotografia/post/porque-saio-de-casa

Specific Feedback Requested

C/C welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D810
Nikon 70-200

2 Likes

Beautiful abstract shot Joao, I love the clear leaves floating on the slightly blurry reflection. I don’t think I would change a thing.

Gorgeous! Layers of reality!!

This series of reflected images is marvellous, Joao. Seeing them together would give them that much more power because although they are all different they inform each other making the whole greater than the sum of its parts. I love this one. Very mysterious and makes me feel slightly anxious about what lies below the surface. The composition retains a certain level of chaos while at the same time feeling balanced. The diagonal lines running from the top right and left give the image its dynamism. Wonderful.

Joäo, this is wonderfully contemplative. There’s so much to see and explore with the floating leaves and the tree reflections.

João, this is the best of the three in my view. Excellent. The leaves on the water tie the tree trunks to the scene. I can’t think of anything I’d change, so I’m just going to sit back and enjoy it. Nicely done.

This is wonderful, and I wouldn’t change a thing. The colors, textures, composition - all work together to give this a mysterious, but uplifting air.

I agree that this is the best of the three. Part of it is the colors. But I think the composition is more engaging as well.

I like the layers and lightness, the light green works well for me. Not sure what I would change anything, but would be fun to play with green tones/hues.

Thank you all for your nice comments and suggestions.

I do create a galaery in my website just for these theme with another (previously) photo.
If you like it you can check the four togheter here