I have been pretty busy with my studies. The decision I made to pursue a degree, coupled with a change of job and concern for my children’s future - especially with the youngest one far away (Helsinki), has not given me much time to come here, as I should have.

Anyway I leave a small photo here - I haven’t been shooting much lately. It’s a simple image that I hope you like.

Specific Feedback Requested

C/C Welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D810
Nikon 70-200

f4.0

1 Like

@joaoquintela I’m glad that you were able to find the time to come back and post this, it is a beautiful abstract. Autumn grasses are a sometimes underappreciated subject, but you have transformed the grasses into beautiful image here. I love the muted colors. And there is a sense of movement that adds life to the image. I love how some of the stalks are almost sharp, that adds some nice structure to the composition. Very well done.

This is lovely. The texture made by the glass-like seed heads is soft and beautiful. That contrasts well with the dark stems.

Wow, you have a lot on your plate! Hopefully you can get out in nature every once in awhile to recharge your batteries.

My first reaction was that the out of focus background made the composition busy. But everything is going in the same direction which gives it a purpose. It still looks busy but in a compelling way. I would experiment with raising the darks because the scene suggest lightness and less contrast. But that’s just conventional thinking really.

There is blurriness due to depth of field and due to movement. I like the DOF blurriness but not the ones from movement. Well, it’s something to ponder.

1 Like

This is a great image, I like it a lot. The colors and texture is great, and you have managed to achieve the exact amount of blur. I think that the comment on lightness made by Igor is something to try out.

Helsinki is a beautiful city and very safe!.. and if you like Art Nouveau architecture you have some areas to explore.