Song Sparrow in morning light & RP

Just a song sparrow…

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Any pertinent technical details:

iso 1600, 100-400 plus 1.4X at 400 mm, f8, 250th, Fuji X-T3, fill flash at -1, -0.7 EV, tripod, ACR 11, Topaz Adjust, TK Sharpening action at 10%

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

David:

This is very nice. the curve of the perch is really nice. Great colors and light. Only one very minor suggestion. Top right at the edge of the perch there’s a small white something that I’d get rid of.

The perch is interesting with the greenery. Nice background and comp. I didn’t notice the white thing that Keith referred to but now that I see it, I agree with him about removing it. I like this photo!

Nice pose. Great light yielding nice colors of the background and perch. Like the curved perch. Wondering if it needs a tad more room on the top? Overall, a very nice composition.

Wonderful shot, David. Nice detail in the feathers, and that perch against the nice smooth background really makes the shot. I agree about the white object top right, I would remove it too. Very pleasing shot. I feel comfortable with the space at the top, myself.

I totally missed that little white spot in the upper right corner. I’ve had some musculoskeletal problems with my dominant hand so I switched using the mouse with my other hand and I must have inadvertently clicked on something. Here is a repost. Thanks to everybody for their feedback.

David, it looks better without the white spot. I am so sorry to hear about your musculoskeletal problems. I have to see my chiropractor about every 4 or 5 weeks to keep me in shape to do the things I like to do (like photography). He uses Quantum Neurology Cold Laser Therapy on me because of my two herniated disc in my neck, but also has to do adjustments to my back because I have fell a few times and twisted my spine into an “S” shape! We just find what works to keep us moving, and move as long as we can. I pray that you find the help you need to keep you able to shoot. I enjoy looking at your beautiful photos.

Beautiful composition, David. I love the perch and the pose of the sparrow fits perfectly. Removal of the little bright spot fixed the only nit I had.

Love the moss covered perch and head turn/pose. Nice use of fill flash. Great OOF background.Well done.

This is just excellent… I think maybe warming it up a tad would be the only thing I think I might do.
The perch is really nice…