South Africa Sunrise

During our 17 day trip to South Africa, on our second morning safari drive into the bush, we experienced this beautiful sunrise. The low haze added a nice color to the scene.

All comments welcome, especially regarding post processing.

D850, 70-200 at 120, ISO 800, 1/8000 sec (hand held in a moving jeep)

The original image was not even close to level so cropped and straightened. This is about 1/3 of original size.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Steve,

Beautiful capture of the rising sun resulting in a terrific silhouette. I’m guessing those trees could tell some stories and I can only imagine how many animal species have occupied those branches or used the tree in one way or another.

If this were mine, I think a square crop of just the right tree and sunrise would be cool. I like the comp and secondary tree, but more emphasis on that single tree and sun, I’d like better. But of course it’s not my image… YMMMV

Lon

Absolutely beautiful silhouette here, Steve. I agree with Lon about isolating the single tree. There is so much to like about the processing, too!

Steve, what a wonderful sunset! The colors are beautiful as presented. I have to agree with the others on the single tree composition.

Thanks for the comments! I liked the square crop suggestion, so here’s an update.

1 Like