South Fork, Yuba River

This trail is well known to me as I used to live in the Sierra Foothills. However, I almost always hiked in spring for the great wildflower displays. For this visit, I hiked in November when the river was much lower than in spring so much more of the river bed was exposed. It was like a different river.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome. I wonder about the URC if I should clone the tree out.

Technical Details

Canon R5, 24-105mm @ 105mm, 1/100 sec. f/16, iso 500

1 Like

Don

How’s it going! Thanks for dropping an image with this weeks guest critique with yours truly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Let’s get right to it! I’m enjoying this scene! I like the blue and gold color contrasts! Those cool and warm contrasts are working well here! I would consider pushing the luminosity in the water a little more so it gives off the feeling of light being reflected there. With intimate scenes like this I try to keep them as clean as possible. We want the viewer to focus on the smaller details without getting distracted. I’ve attached areas that I would consider cloning. You mentioned the tree in the right corner…YES…CLONE IT :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nice work on this one Don!

DT