Black-throated Green Warbler

Image 6
Cerulean Warbler

Image 7
Blackburnian Warbler

Image 8
Black and White Warbler

Project Description

Last April I spent a “Big Week” on South Padre Island. There had just been a major storm and the warblers had dropped out after migrating over the Gulf of Mexico. This is just a sample of the warbler variety we were treated to that week. One of my wife and my favorite movies is “The Big Year,” and we’d decided to have our own “Big Week.” We plan to duplicate the Big Week again this April. I hope to do a better photo project from what I get this time.

Self Critique

To show some of the variety and variable colors of warblers that come through South Padre Island during migration.

Creative Direction

I wanted to have a light hearted, bright feel to the project. I’m aiming for a field guide of the migrating warblers of South Padre Island look and style.

Specific Feedback

All of the above please.

Intent of the project

Additional Details: Other - Photographic Field Guide, and Bright, Colorful Fun.

Hi Ed, sorry I missed this. I have so much going on in my life right now that I’m finding that I’m not visiting NPN as much as I’d like…

If the intent of your project is to create a field guide then I think this images are going to be great. They are vibrant and clear and I can definitely see someone using them to identify the birds that they see.

Tom, thank you for taking a look and for your kind comments.