White-eyed Vireo

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This was taken last year at the Woodlot in South Padre Island. My wife and I are heading to SPI tomorrow for round two of “The Big Week.” Last year we got 143 different species almost exclusively on SPI, although we did take one day trip over to Laguna Atascosa. This year I think we’ll broaden the scope to include other spots further inland along the Lower Rio Grande Valley.

Specific Feedback

Any comments and recommendations are welcome. Thank you for taking a look.

Technical Details

Canon 7DMii, f11, 1/800 sec, iso 1600, 100-400/1.4 TC at 560 mm.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Emotional Impact:
  • Mood Creation:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Textures and Patterns:
  • Use of Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Subject and Genre:
  • Post-processing:
  • Technical Aspects:

This image is beautiful. Very sharp. I really like the background. Hoping to go to SPI myself next year.

Thank you very much @Daniel_Mulkey. I appreciate you comments.

Ed: I think that you’d be hard pressed to find a better pose and perch. It’s a wall hanger!

1 Like

Ed, you certainly know how to hit it out of the ball park. I agree with both @Richard_Sandor and @Daniel_Mulkey. Have a great big week. You sound like a serious “feather chasher”.

1 Like

A very nice pose of an uncommonly good bird to see. They are secretive, but their distinct call gives away their location. Well done…Jim

1 Like

Nice one Ed. A secretive bird that you captured quite well. Nice sharpness on the bird. Love that distinctive eye. I could see running noise reduction on the non-bird elements including BG. A fine catch.

1 Like

Very nice, Ed. I really love the pose and the setting for this image and the bird is nice and sharp. A pleasing background as well.

1 Like

Pretty much spot on for me. The bird has excellent detail. I like the perch with the feathery leaves, and the background works well with the rest of the image. As previously stated: “a wall hanger”.

1 Like