South Shore Moonshine

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any technical comments are welcome. Possibly focus stacking could have bettered this rendering. Not sure how to do tht with lengthy exposures.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any response, either artistic, or regarding emontional impact, is welcome and invited.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

ISO 100, 28mm, f/5.6, 30sec

1 Like

Welcome, Mark! You really captured a surreal and mystic scene here. I like the softness and meandering waterways! Is the light hazy texture of the large cropping of rocks on the left from water movement and a long exposure?

Yes, that is correct. This is a 30 second exposure.

1 Like

Great to have you with us Mark. You’ve captured a very attractive scene here that works great in B&W. Like your choice of vertical format, with the rocky foreground leading out through the water, following the moon path and into the interesting sky. The long exposure really softened the water movement nicely and resulted in some surreal cloud formations too. Nicely presented!

1 Like

Mark: Welcome to NPN and thanks for a fine first post. Wonderful scene superbly rendered. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more. >=))>

1 Like

Welcome to NPN, Mark. This is a beautiful and compelling image to me. I really like the way the wide lens brings together the pool at the base and still leads out to the horizon and sky. The black and white treatment and long exposure work some magic as well.

Beautiful image Mark! Lighting and composition are very effective.
I made two minor tweaks both in LR:

1. I cloned in a bit of a cloud across the sun to break up the blank spot
  2. I used the Texture slider +32 and the Clarity slider +10 to add a bit of texture and presence overall. See what you think. JT