It is what it is
While densely populated
Still so much space left

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is more than welcome

Technical Details

Sony RX100 pocket camera

1 Like

On one hand, Ben, this scene feels very isolated and lonely. But on the other hand, it feels like home. A welcoming place with a fire going. Very nicely seen.

1 Like

Lovely image, Ben. I think @linda_mellor said it best. Feels like home. (or at least a home I would love to live in.)

1 Like

@linda_mellor , Linda,What a nice comment. The netherlands, a small country, densely populated. Then sometimes a place like this giving that good feeling as you felt. Next door for me.

1 Like

@David_Bostock ,David, I should say come over and enjoy . For me it’s home. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Ben,

Indeed a lovely, “home” image. I can appreciate your message of “open spaces” that still existing in an over crowded world. Very apparent here in my neck of the woods in the SF Bay Area.

What I appreciate here is what I just learned. My initial impression was a pano crop which I think would work very well in terms of composition. But then I considered your image title and your haiku(?). And your message is more clear with the standard crop. So my lesson, don’t judge a book by it’s cover and give time to let what the photorapher is trying to say, settle in my own mind before responding.

Well seen Ben!

This reminds me of farms here in Wisconsin although I have no idea if the comparison is viable in terms of space and population. The mist is so intriguing, I want to see more of the building, but it’s not necessary. I can imagine it. The grass and/or cover crop is so lush in comparison to the starkness on the horizon.

@Lon_Overacker . Lon, A bit late , but thank you for your wise words analyzing my image.

@Kris_Smith , Kris, Your comparison could be viable. This is a part of the netherlands that is not so densely populated. Thank’s for your time and nice comment again