Home again

Just another day in the park near my home.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D850, F8, iso 320, 24-70 at 58mm

1 Like

Nice forest scene. The background foggy area has a green tint to my eye, giving the whole image a green cast for me.

Would love to live near scenes like this Ben. You are very lucky. This is a very well composed scene with none of the tree trunks intersecting with others. The addition of the leaves draping down from the top of the image provides great framework. The three large trees going from left to right and front to back are nicely placed giving power and strength to the front tree with good falloff as you dive into the depth of the image. The fog adds a lot of mood ad I think your green color cast is probably intentional and I don’t mind it but it is noticeable. I find the variation in the tree trunks pretty interesting as well. Nice image Ben!

What a solid composition! Even the faint tree on the right has a purpose. I love all those cords in the main tree. That definitely stands out. And the rest of the scene just slowly fades away. Personally I love the color cast you’ve chosen to use. Really well done image with a lot of atmosphere.

Well now this is tree-mendous.

Sorry.

So inviting. Great balance with the trees leading from that strong presence to lesser ones, but with a definite pull. I love the texture and form of the bark on the closest tree. The boughs overhead and in the distance are wonderful. Bravo!

First off, I love the patterns of the bark on the FG tree Ben. The greens throughout the scene are quite beautiful and the fog is always a nice touch when we are fortunate enough to catch it. This is so inviting and relaxing to view. You also did a fantastic job of spacing out the trees throughout the image. No suggestions from me as this is lovely as is.

Ben, great image !! I’m good with the green cast too. On foggy , overcast days like this in a spring forest, you actually get this green cast in real life, so it feels like a realistic part of actually being there.

A lot of classic landscape images that rely on a sense of near/far utilize a vertical orientation. But I like how you were able to achieve that near/far effect here with a horizontal. and that the near far gets created by the left to right arrangement of trees.

@Harley_Goldman , @David_Haynes , @Igor_Doncov , @Kris_Smith , @Ed_Lowe , @Ed_McGuirk , Many times you all let me experience things in my images I am myself not always aware of. Thank you so much !!