Spider with Damselfy as prey

I don’t know what kind of spider it is. There was no web in sight. This poor damselfly may have been ambushed. This a 9 image stack - manual focus bracket and assembled in Zerene Stacker. The spider moved before I could complete the stack.

What technical feedback would you like if any? any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7DIi + 180/3.5 + tripod, f/5.6, 1/200, ISO 800

Raw processing in Canon DPP. PSCC , a parallel grass blade removed in top right.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Wow, Ravi, you sure capture nature in action on this dew filled morning. It is a very emotive image.
I always feel for the prey, but I know that this is nature and every living creature has to eat. Nice details in the the droplets of dew as well as the subjects. I’m not sure what kind of spider this is either, but he had breakfast. Nice shot.

Ravi…beautiful …the spider had a meal and mid way both froze in time. Beautiful …well seen and very well composed
Balan Vinod

Gorgeous Ravi. The water droplets are amazingly sharp. It is a little hard to see this fellow, but it could be a Tmarus angulatus based mostly on its long front legs. Not sure though. Great photo, nicely seen and executed.

Very neat to get both spider and damselfly covered in water drops. It must have been a long night for them. Well done on the photograph with lots of detail and nice lighting. I like the diagonal.

Ravi: Spectacular find and a terrific capture and presentation. I find it really fascinating how the spider’s meal was suspended due to what must have been significant overnight cooling. Marvelous shot. >=))>

Hi Ravi,

An impressive result for this spider snack event. Comp is perfect, there are some halos present that can be taken care of with careful editing. Well done…Jim